The event will showcase the Sagittal First Philosophy and treatment outcomes for Clinical Class II and Class III, combining scientific evidence with clinical expertise and highlighting advanced aligner treatment and technology to help orthodontists achieve new levels of patient care and practice efficiency.
Carlsbad, California (USA)/Hamburg (Germany) – 30 August 2023: Henry Schein Orthodontics™, the orthodontics business of Henry Schein, Inc., is pleased to announce its 2023 European Carriere Symposium that will take place from 5 to 6 October 2023, at the Hotel Martinez, in Cannes, France.
This Symposium will focus on the latest advances in Class II correction on Thursday, 5 October 2023, and Class III correction on Friday, 6 October 2023, including examples of Class III correction that previously would have been surgical cases. Additional topics covered will include how to harness the power of self-ligating brackets and the hybridisation of aligner cases. There will also be three optional interactive workshops to allow participants to practice new skills in a hands-on format. Topics include correcting Class II and Class III, maximising the benefits of self-ligating brackets, and treatment planning with clear aligners. The workshops are designed for participants to leave the symposium confident in their new skills and feel better prepared to use them in practice immediately.
During speaker panel reviews held at the end of each day, participants have the chance to submit their own complex case for evaluation and live discussion on stage by the speakers. This provides insights into each speaker’s approach to the case and allows for debates about the different perspectives and their merits.
"Henry Schein Orthodontics is looking forward to hosting this best-in-class educational event with exceptional speakers to continuously help to move orthodontic education forward," said Steve Boggan, President Henry Schein Orthodontics and Chief Commercial Officer - Global Oral Reconstructive Group.
The Symposium will include lectures from experts specializing in Class II and III treatment:
• Dr. Luis Carrière: Dr. Carrière is the inventor of the evidence-based Sagittal First™ Philosophy powered by the Carriere® Motion 3DTM Appliance. Dr. Carrière obtained his dental degree from the University of Complutense in Madrid (UCM). He then attended the University of Barcelona (UB) where he completed his Orthodontic training and received his Master of Science in Orthodontics. In 2006, he received his Doctorate in Orthodontics, Cum Laude, from the University of Barcelona (UB). Dr. Carrière is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, as well as an invited professor at several Orthodontic departments throughout the world. He also maintains his private practice in the Carrière Orthodontic Centre in Barcelona, Spain
• Dr. James A. McNamara: Dr. McNamara is a graduate of the University of California Berkeley, USA He received his dental and orthodontic education at the University of California San Francisco and a Doctorate in Anatomy from the University of Michigan, USA. Dr. McNamara holds an Endowed Professorship in the Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, US as well as a professorship in the University of Minnesota Medical School and in the Center for Human Growth and Development, a research unit on the Ann Arbor campus in Michigan, USA. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and past-president of the Midwest Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.
• Dr. Lorenzo Franchi: Dr. Franchi received his dental education at the Dental School of the University of Florence, Italy. He completed his PhD in Preventive Orthodontics at the Department of Orthodontics there as well. Dr. Franchi is presently Full Professor, Director of the Postgraduate Orthodontic Program of the University of Florence and Dean of the School of Dentistry at the University. He is also “Thomas M. Graber Visiting Scholar”, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA. Dr. Franchi currently is a member of the Editorial Board of the Angle Orthodontist and Associate Editor of the European Journal of Orthodontics and Progress in Orthodontics.
• Dr. Ana-María Cantor: Dr. Cantor obtained her dental degree from the Pontifi cia Javeriana University in Bogota, Colombia. She then continued her studies and completed the Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics postgraduate program at Uni C.I.E.O. in Bogota, Colombia. Dr. Cantor is the Director of Clínica Dental Odontokids in Malaga, Spain. In addition to her private practice, she is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO), European Orthodontic Society (EOS) and the Sociedad Española de Ortodoncia (SEDO).
• Dr. Peri Colino: Dr. Colino is a Professor at the European University Miguel de Cervantes and a Professor of the Master in Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic programme at the University of Alcalá de Henares (ITECO), Spain. He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Extremadura with Maximum qualification, “Sobresaliente Cum laude”. Dr. Colino is currently the coordinator of Degree of Expert in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics at The University of Extremadura.
The Symposium will also feature aligner treatment with topics discussed such as a multidisciplinary approach using aligners and how to maximise aligner treatment planning for efficiency. It will outline the latest tools and technologies to digitalise the orthodontic workflow, help operate a more efficient orthodontic practice, and to provide improved quality of care. It will also raise awareness about solutions that can help make an overall-health difference in patients’ lives.
The Symposium will feature lectures from experts in aligner treatment and digitalisation in dentistry. Presenters include:
• Dr. Bruce McFarlane: Dr. McFarlane graduated as a Dentist from the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada and as an Orthodontist from the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada. He is an orthodontic specialist practicing in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Dr. McFarlane is also a past assistant professor of graduate orthodontics at the University of Manitoba and an internationally renowned speaker for a leading fixed and clear aligner orthodontics company.
• Dr. Arash Zarrinpour: Dr. Zarrinpour is a Dental Surgeon and specialist in early dentofacial orthopedics in Paris, France. As a professor and scientist, Dr Zarrinpour is responsible for innovative concepts, particularly in computer-assisted dentistry. He has published numerous articles about his work and international expertise, and is a member of the New York Academy of Sciences. He received his degree from the New York University College of Dentistry.
• Dr. Bruno Almeida Gomes: Dr. Gomes obtained his Degree in Dental Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Coimbra, Portugal and post-graduated in Orthodontics in Porto, Portugal. He received the Diplome of Specialisation in Orthodontics from the University of Salamanca, Spain. Dr. Gomes has a dental clinic in Porto.
Henry Schein Orthodontics Reveal® Clear Aligners, a convenient solution for patients looking to enhance their smile, with a treatment plan developed by a dentist or specialized orthodontist, will be showcased during the Symposium. Designed with patient comfort and aesthetics in mind, Reveal® aligners have remarkable clarity thanks to its ClearWear® material, which is less likely to stain or discolour over time. Reveal’s trimline allows for minimal attachments in mild to moderate cases, and features a smooth, scalloped edge that enhances patient comfort.
In addition, Biotech Dental, a French designer and manufacturer of medical devices and digital solutions for dentists, orthodontists, and dental laboratories and a Henry Schein company, will showcase Smilers® Expert clear aligners, a dedicated aligner system for ortho specialists. Smilers Expert offers a complete workflow with its proprietary editor “the Smile Set Up”, designed by Nemotec, a Biotech Dental brand. It allows health care professionals to create a treatment plan with a lot of options and freedom, starting with their choice of an intra oral scan, and the thickness of the aligners, to the way of printing. Smilers Expert is very transparent and BPA and latex free. During the event, also the different Nemotec software options for orthodontic specialists will be presented, starting from Nemocast, to Nemoceph and NemoFab.
Networking opportunities will be available to allow participants to share their experiences with other peer professionals from around the world. As in prior years, the event is expected to sell-out, bringing together leading orthodontic speakers and forward-thinking attendees in a powerful learning environment. To register, please visit www.CarriereSymposium.com.
About Henry Schein
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology.
With more than 23,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company's network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 300,000 branded products and Henry Schein corporate brand products in our distribution centers.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 33 countries and territories.
For more information, visit Henry Schein at www.henryschein.com.